Monday, June 12, 2017

Preparations Begin

All the paperwork and all the applications are done and even the CSAA, AARP, Costco memberships are paid. All my stuff is done. It really does feel good to have nothing hanging over our heads. I am even sending our wedding present to Maddy and William (Anna's son) today, well before their August 13th wedding.

We are preparing to welcome my friend Christien on Saturday for a visit until Tuesday afternoon. She will be on her way from a college graduation of her niece in Washington State and will visit here before flying home to No. Carolina.

She is the easiest house guest. We will be together for Father's Day, she wants to go down to the great place for lunch in the little town with the goat farm on Monday and we will probably go out to dinner, too. The house is not totally ready for her and the gardens will never be perfect, at this point. No annuals were planted this year, due to my knee. She understands and says she just wants to hang out with us.

Michael and I will be doing the final trimming of the gardens on Thursday after my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to take a look at my knee. He will decide if I need surgery or if the recovery is going according to plan.

But, I have to get through Wednesday first. I have an appointment with Dr. K. and I have not such good news for her. Acid reflux and microaspirations. Words that chill a pulmonologist's soul! I will explain the incorrect horrible PFTs and I want her to listen to my lungs. It is going to be interesting.

Today, mom and I will be together for the first time in a week. I need to buy a fan for the guest room and we will go for lunch. And talk and talk...

No comments: