Monday, June 5, 2017

A Weekend of Downtime

As predicted, I did nothing this weekend. Michael even took my food shopping list and brought all the food for the week home with him yesterday. Everyone is warning me to not do any unnecessary walking as that could shift the fracture and begin the 12 weeks of healing all over again. No, thank you!

I did find a great book to keep me happy by Jonas Jonasson, "The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" and I did cook breakfasts and dinners and cleaned the refrigerator. There is only so much sitting I can do! The SF Giants lost yesterday. The GW Warriors won again. I know because I watched both games!

Mom and I are going to be together today so I am trying to think of where we can go but not walk a lot. A challenge. Tomorrow, I will be working the knee on a bicycle in rehab class and in the evening, the Irish Fiddling group is playing at the local award-winning brewery just north of us. Something to look forward to.

It occurred to me last night that I had not used my inhaler all day nor on Saturday. Since I was not doing much, I didn't notice any shortness of breath but I did have some wheezing this morning. That will remind me to make sure I use it today.

The challenge of not being so active is watching my food intake. I so worry I will gain weight. Michael's nephew William (Anna and Doug's youngest son) is getting married in August and I want to make sure to look fabulous in my dress. In fact, I would love to make my doctors nervous by losing about five pounds. We'll see. At this point, every calorie counts.

No comments: