Wednesday, June 7, 2017

More Than Fishing

As far back as I can remember, I was the connection between my older sister and my younger brother. I was the middle child. There is three years two months between each of us so the biggest gap is between them at almost six and a half years. So many years would go by when there would be no phone calls or emails or contact of any time between them.

So, it is with that background that I was thrilled to see a change in their relationship. Recently, Chip and Betty were in the state, had visited us and were on their way to Betty's son's home in the eastern part of the state and would be driving near Lee and Jeff. They connected, made a date for dinner at a local restaurant and they had fun. They connected.

Every year, Chip and Betty haul their boat behind their RV to Montana for two weeks of serious fishing and smoking of their catch. During their dinner, Lee and Jeff invited themselves to meet them in Montana for three days of fishing. Chip and Betty were skeptical but darn if it didn't happen!

They have been together for three days and Lee and Jeff are heading home today. Here is a photo of Lee catching her first fish EVER. This 17" beauty was followed a few minutes later by a slightly smaller one. Chip caught a gorgeous 20" weighing in around three pounds! Fish are jumping!

I was so happy to get a text from Betty that everything was going well. Maybe this is just the first step of a more permanent change in their relationship. Maybe my sister will visit my brother in New Mexico. Maybe my brother will spend the night in his RV at my sister's house. Maybe they will phone or email each other on a regular basis. Wouldn't that be marvelous?

No comments: