Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sad News

After cooking a good breakfast of "Joe's Special," Anna and Doug left yesterday morning. They loved spending time with us and Anna clung to Michael sobbing as they said goodbye. It was a nice visit. The house was suddenly quiet. Michael had planned to run over the pass but he has been dealing with a bad case of diarrhea. What is so strange is that we had split lunch and we had eaten everything the same for several days. We can't figure out the cause. He was better yesterday then we ate a dinner that did not settle well. So, today it is the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. He will add some fresh turkey or chicken for protein but that is it. Hopefully, this will pass...

I dozed on and off yesterday and slept well last night. I am tired. My ear is still blocked. The goal today is to do the laundry, wash and iron the guest room sheets and just take it easy. I do need to phone mom this morning just to check in.

While life continues for us, my heart is just aching over the loss of a dear friend's husband, who had my disease. We have never met but she and I exchanged a lot of information that I hope helped them the last couple of years. His passing was a complete shock. I imagined him out of the hospital, into a rehab facility and eventually transplanted. Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis is a horrible, nasty, scary disease. I so hope that our children will be able to take a pill to slow down the disease. The new fibrotic drugs offer hope but sadly, a bit late for her husband and me.

My deepest sympathies to his wife and daughter.

No comments: