Saturday, June 20, 2015

Sweet Kids

Oliver phoned to thank me for his birthday presents. He especially liked the glasses that have little mirrors on the inside so he can see what is going on behind him. When he opened the motor driven marble tall maze-type thing, he told Natalie, "I have always wanted one of these!" Another successful choice of presents for my favorite 5-year old.

His sister Winnie has found her tribe. As a kid who always needed attention, being asked to join the gymnastic team and being both the youngest and smallest gives her a lot of attention from the other girls. Natalie said the girls are all cut from the same cloth. On the balance beam last week, Winnie took her first hard fall trying to do a hand stand. Apparently, there is a choice of the balance beam height. Winnie always chooses the highest. Always.

Natalie is worried that now she does not seem to want to continue with her violin lessons. She has two years under her belt and has learned a lot of theory. When Natalie and I worked together, we would often put the young kids together with an instrument that we thought would fit their personality-type. I laughed when I told Natalie that she should offer Winnie a change of instrument. My quote? "She is so a trumpet." Natalie replied, "You're right!"

Love those kids!

I need to report that after working out each day last week, I have no pain. It helped to reduce my time and speed on the treadmill and I added two minutes on the elliptical. I was so worried that I was not going to be able to get in a good workout without the treadmill.

Still looking forward to seeing Barbara today. Glasses and lunch. It will be good to see her.

No comments: