Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Yoga/Pilate's

I lasted 2.20 minutes on the elliptical in the rehab class yesterday. Dripping sweat and quivering legs but no pain, not even this morning. That is the good news. I still feel I need more of a workout and deeply miss my fast walks on the treadmill.

Yoga. The classes keep changing and my schedule only allows for a Wednesday class. Power yoga to Gentle yoga. I didn't do well in the transition. There was something else that really bothered me: the smell. Incense was always burning and the smell would turn my stomach. Some days I would have to leave and force myself not to get sick. The thought of going back to a new class was exciting until I remembered the smell. I don't know if I want to deal with it.

Pilate's. My string bass partner in the orchestra takes private lessons from the local franchise. She has ligament issues and uses it as physical therapy twice a week. It has made a huge difference to her health. I am thinking about wandering in during the day, asking a few questions, letting them know I will be bringing oxygen and gage their reaction.

But this Wednesday, I am going to work in the gardens most of the day. Lots of hand trimming is needed. I love to listen to the radio or music and just focus my creative juices on all the hand work. I love to walk and look at each section afterwards. Such satisfaction for a job well done. I will also sleep well tonight!

No comments: