Thursday, May 26, 2011

Appreciated Contact



I received a long e-mail from my friend Lois from the other rehab that really touched me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated her words and emotions. Here is just a portion:

You have made such a difference in the lives of so many people--your doctors, your fellow lung sufferers, your rehab companions, and me.  To see such courage on a weekly basis has been really inspirational for me. Your joy in life, your trips, even your fights with the insurance companies, have all been very heartening in my own fights to keep Peter alive and functioning.  So do not be downcast.  Upset, yes, but come to terms with what is possible and keep up your hope in some outcomes that may be better than they look at the moment.

I feel that maybe all this was not for naught.

No comments: