Thursday, June 14, 2018

Cosopt Found


For those who are on longtime prednisone therapy, you probably have glaucoma. If you have glaucoma, you probably are having problems getting the Cosopt eye drops. The reason for the problem is that the factory making one of the two active ingredients is in Puerto Rico and has been without electricity since the hurricane. It is a problem in more ways than one!

My mom has been having to use individual eye drops of each ingredients, three times a day. Plus, she also has to take two other drops. That is a lot of drops a day. I am just running out of my supply and asked about what to do when I was with my eye doctor last week.

He wrote a prescription for the preservative free Cosopt, not my usual generic drops. While making my next appointment, the woman at the front desk told me that they had a connection to a pharmacy in Florida who was offering the preservative free Cosopt for cash/credit card only (no insurance). Three months for $135.00. I was skeptical but asked her to FAX the prescription to them.

The next day, they phoned, we set up an order and just a few days later, I received three 90-day supply boxes (180 vials per box). I am so happy.

The poor people in Puerto Rico! Imagine being without electricity all this time. Hopefully, the electricity will begin to work in Puerto Rico again, the people can return to their jobs and the factory will once again produce the needed ingredient. But, for now, I am grateful to have this connection.

No comments: