Tuesday, June 12, 2018

New Commitment

My brother and his Betty spent the night in Laughlin. It is a gambling town on a river south of Vegas where it was 108 degrees yesterday. Yikes! They should get home to their little town in New Mexico late today.

Mom and I spoke with her apartment owners about sharing some custom cupcakes and photos of her life the day after her 90th birthday in August. We knocked out a lot of the details for this event as well as the luncheon on her birthday.

Natalie sold her house! When they moved to the coastside over a decade ago, we introduced them to their real estate agent, Jim. He is the guy who is still recovering from a recent motorcycle accident. They bought a 2/2 townhouse, which was great until their added Oliver to the family. Winnie and Oliver have been sharing a room and they have promised almost 6th grader Winner that she will have her own room. They are moving closer to their school, where Natalie works.

Who bought their house? Jim's son, who went to school with our son! JR and his wife has been living with Jim and Sue for just over two years while saving every dollar for a down payment on a house. This townhouse is a very short walk/drive to Jim's house. Perfect location and perfect size for a one child family.

I have set another goal for myself. We see William at a concert in mid-July and I want to be five pounds lighter than I am right now. I know it's not huge but I will have to change some food choices and make sure I do something physical everyday in order to achieve that goal. Today is rehab so that is good. Tomorrow, I am going into the yards and do a lot of trimming, weeding and detail work. I will keep going until I can't. We will see how long I can go. Good physical work.

No comments: