Friday, June 15, 2018

Meeting, Friends, Gig

And the fun continues. I enjoyed a nice lunch of a grilled cod fish taco while the housekeeper did her magic before we headed into the city. We had the PFAC meeting at my university hospital, the room the full and the presentation interesting. They were looking for our opinions. Oh my, they really heard them. Good and bad. Nice people and they thanked us in the end. Michael and I walked away and felt, once again, we helped to initiate the coming changes. Our concerns were heard and now they are being addressed and corrected. Very satisfying.

On the beautiful drive home along the ocean, we decided to stop at the little place about a mile north of us to split something small for a light, late dinner. We drove into the parking lot, which is next to about ten outside table and there, right in front of our car, sat Randy and Wayne. Our friends.

We hopped out to join them and bumped into another friend. It is rather marvelous living in a small town.

Sitting outside got a bit chilled so after dinner, we invited both Randy and Wayne back to our house. Randy just moved out of the Bay Area for the Sierra Foothills and Michael had a little something for his new, very spacious, fancy garage. They stayed and we all chatted until 9:40! I fell into bed and was asleep within minutes.

I am so not prepared for today. Not enough sleep! After being with mom, I have a gig with the Irish Fiddling group from 5-7 this evening. It is going to be a long day. Hopefully, there will be a nap in there somewhere.

My focus is on Saturday when I am sleeping in, working quietly in the yards and thinking of how to celebrate William's father on Sunday.

No comments: