Friday, June 29, 2018

Brunch

Rehab class went well as I made sure I was well hydrated. It was a fun class and Jeannie looked and seemed a bit better. It was a quiet evening, which was greatly needed.

Today, I am meeting a former student for brunch in Palo Alto. We last saw each other about two years ago but this time, we will celebrate his PhD in Economics from an Ivy League Super University. He is in town for training before beginning his new job in Atlanta. Ah, Atlanta! What a fun town! We will talk places to go and things to see. His road to this point was long and convoluted and I so admire that he had the strength to persevere.

While I am with him, Michael will be with mom for her once a year heart doctor appointment. She loves being with him, he treats her like a queen, not an old lady, and they talk as much as she and I do! He'll also buy her lunch.

The goal is to have a totally in-house day tomorrow. I need my strength for the four hours of driving on Sunday to hold the new baby in the family. Mom is very excited. I will try to remember to post the photo of our gift with an explanation before I hit the road Sunday.