Friday, June 8, 2018

Facing One Day at a Time

British Don just left this morning. He was so not a house guest but very easy to have around. This was a trip to see doctors, all is well so he is going home to Oklahoma City a happy boy.

Yesterday was one heck of a day. Out the door at 6:15AM. Dressed, fed and ready to go. No traffic.

First appointment was with the nutritionist.He looked back on my medical records for each time I was weighed at an appointment since our last visit almost a year ago. He remarked that I was incredibly stable. When we weighed-in, I was less than a pound over my average weight. I went nuts. He said not to worry, stay focused and it would come off quickly.

I would like to lose 5 pounds but since I am not doing my daily workouts, I don't know if that is possible. So, my new focus is to do some physical work everyday.

Through incredible traffic, I worked my way out of the city to appointment #2. Laser eye surgery. I arrived early, of course, spent about thirty-minutes in pre-op answering lots of questions before Dr. W. arrived to work his magic. The laser treatment was to reduce the pressure in my right eye as it had gone up to a frightening 45.

I think it took all of five-minutes. There was a bit of pain when the laser got close to a nerve but all in all, pretty painless. But, everything was blurry. I was worried. Would I get my site back? By the time I got home, it was no better so I took a nap! It was a bit better and it gave me hope that I would be able to see again. Within about two hours, my vision returned and I was even able to play at the Irish Fiddling rehearsal last night.

But, I have to say, I am done. Exhausted. Not functioning well. We have no groceries in the house, I have a gig tonight from 7-9PM, we are meeting my brother and his wife (including mom) for lunch Sunday while they are in town cleaning out her mom's house and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. One day at a time. It the only thing I can do.

I am on my way to mom's for some doctor stuff, shopping and maybe trying to buy some groceries.

What a week.

No comments: