Friday, June 22, 2018

Fell into Place

It was one of those days when all the loose ends were tied up. Everything from connecting with doctors, making appointments with three doctors, making the reservations for mom's 90th birthday luncheon, giving her eye doctor my secret connection for Cosopf and running a test connection for my video appointment with the liver doctor next week all fell into place. It was magical.

I did notice that when we picked up our rather heavy gift to baby Hailey, I carried it up mom's stairs without a cough. None. Zero. We are keeping this gift quiet as we discovered that my sister can't keep a secret. When Shelley told her they were naming the baby's middle name after my mom, she phoned mom right away and told her. At the shower, where Shelley planned the big reveal to mom, she had to pretend to be surprised.

After the shower, we told Shelley that another gift was coming but it had not been ready. Since then, my sister has asked both of us what it was. Both of us said it was a surprise. We knew she would tell Shelley and, really, to just tell what it is without the note and story behind it would not make a lot of sense.

The Irish Fiddling group was supposed to play at the mansion last evening but I got a text from Leslie on my way home from mom's that gave me a choice whether to play or not. So, I did not play and was asleep next to Michael at 7 PM last night.

Food. Ron's wife Susan brought over some delicious homemade Chinese dumplings and fresh produce yesterday afternoon. I roasted two small organic cauliflowers and four zucchini and made vinegar cucumbers that reminded me of my childhood. Michael didn't understand the cucumbers but it really tasted like home to me.

Today, I am making dinner this morning so it is ready for Michael while I am having my hair done late this afternoon/evening. The day is free otherwise, so I am going to take my bucket and clippers and begin in the back yard to clip some plants then blow to make it clean and pretty.

No comments: