Sunday, June 10, 2018

Spent

Friday, I was spent. A walking zombie making bad decisions, wrong turns and losing things. I even dated a check incorrectly, by two months. British Don stayed in the city on Friday night after his final medical appointment and flew home Saturday afternoon. Mom and I did what we needed to do then she went grocery shopping with me so I wouldn't have to go over the pass yesterday morning. On the way home Friday, there was a major wreck on the pass and it was ugly. Fortunately, Michael took the route from the north and stopped by the restaurant right by the ocean for a chat with the owner. Chuck sent gorgeous shrimp dinners home with him. I was so happy, I almost cried. We were able to rest for an hour before my Irish Fiddling gig.

I was worried that, being so exhausted, my focus on the music would not be very good. Would I play well? Could I get it together enough to make it happen? Well, it was rough but I actually played well. It was like I was so tired, so relaxed, that the music missed my brain and went right to my fingers. We expected a small group as the Warriors were playing their final game and the weather was wet and thick with fog. It was a surprise that the place was filled and it was a very responsive audience, which helped me with my attention issue. After the concert, I fell into bed and didn't move for nine hours. Still not enough sleep.

Saturday, I did some errands, cleaned up the house, did laundry then took a nap, which gave me more energy. This morning, Michael and I are going to drive with mom to San Jose area to see Chip and Betty, who are in town to clean out her 99-year old mother's house for sale. We are all going to lunch together.

My concerns: I have been too exhausted for too long. Post road trip, house guest, gigs, medical stuff. Not enough downtime. I worry about getting a cold or worse. This coming week is my regular schedule except for a meeting in the city at my university hospital on Thursday evening. I should be able to get caught up with the sleep and I hope it will be enough to keep any illnesses at bay. I have healthy menus and food in the house so we are set for success. Roll in exercise and I should be on the mend.

No comments: