Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Company

The eagle has landed! British Don arrived last evening via Uber. We had a great dinner of beans and toast - so British - and breakfast this morning of Avocado Toast and the Scotch Eggs. Also a hit!

They are hanging together today and will meet this evening with their friend Marco at his restaurant and Don's other friend, John will also meet them there. I will be at an Irish Fiddling rehearsal and will be snoring by the time they get home.

Today, I am going to rehab class with Jeannie and plan to workout hard. The nutritionist appointment is Thursday and any workout is a good thing. I am a bit exhausted from yesterday's two eye doctor appointments for mom. It turned into an all day event and I didn't get home until 4:30. Very late for me.

Eyes. My right eye is still bothering me since our road trip in Oklahoma City. I think I had a bleed, phoned my doctor after we got home but I think he misunderstood the message and replied that it was normal and no problem. I see him next Thursday. The only reason I am not freaking out is that I know there is nothing that can be done unless it is a full detachment, which it is not. I don't see any flashing lights. I had a posterior vitreous detachment a couple of years ago, again there was nothing they could do.

My poor eyes have taken a hit from the glaucoma due to prednisone. I am so grateful that with my diet and exercise program, I haven't developed diabetes. Bob, who is a recipient of new lungs in my rehab class, got diabetes from the large dosages of prednisone immediately following the transplants. We talked about it last Thursday and he remarked that it was difficult managing both new lungs and diabetes. But, with all the side effects, it is still a rather miraculous drug.

No comments: