Thursday, June 21, 2018

Doctor and a Jig


Daiso. Who knew? It is like a dollar store for Japanese goods. I found them in a mall and fell in love. Everything from fantastic sponges to stationary to things I have never seen were all in the price range of $1-1.50. The problem was that their web site stated they were in the mall near JCPenney. Nope. While wondering around, I bumped into some security guards who told me it was going to be a long hike, and it was. It was worth the effort and I can't wait to show it off to mom. On line, they are known as Daiso Japan.

I did find the origami papers and watched a video on YouTube to refresh my memory on how to make the cranes. It occurred to me later that I had learned it another way. But, I made about seven of them before I pooped out. They should be finished by this weekend.

With runs to three places for groceries, I also made our breakfasts for a few days - mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese in eggs cooked in a cupcake pan. They smelled really good. For dinner, I made Michael some roasted potatoes and the turkey breast was outstanding.

He got home, cut the grass and noticed how pretty this area right off our bedroom was looking. He is becoming a real gardener. He took this photo.

A very busy day and I fell into bed early. Mom has a 8:30 eye doctor appointment, which means I have to leave my house by 7 this morning. Another long day ahead. The Irish Fiddling group is playing this evening on the grounds of a very famous mansion that was featured on a TV show in the 80s. They are known for their gardens. We will be playing by the bar and pool. Coffee. I will need lots of coffee to get through this day!

No comments: