Monday, June 25, 2018

Video Doctor Appointment

Today is a hangout day with mom. We are trying to arrange a trip up to see the baby sometime this week and will swing by to visit my dad on the way. We also got news that Betty sold her mom's house yesterday for an outrageous amount of money. As it was near the new Apple Headquarters, it was all about location, location, location. Betty will now have enough money to keep her mom in a care facility until she dies.

My eye is still bothering me so much. There is a feeling that there is a glop (a technical term!) in it as well as the haze that keeps moving in and out of my vision. Both are driving me nuts as it is so hard to focus. Somehow, wearing contact lenses makes it less noticeable. I also still see the veins in my eye every time I blink, which is due to the high pressure in that eye.

On Sunday, I had my first video doctor appointment ever. It was with my liver doctor and, since I am stable, it was a perfect venue for the appointment. We reviewed my current health and past tests then, he arranged for labs tests and a sonogram of my belly in August. His assistant will be contacting me to make another video appointment after those test results are completed.

I have to say, it was so nice to see the doctor without the long drive into the city, the parking fees and the time a regular appointment would take. If given a choice, you might want to give this type of appointment a try.

No comments: