Tuesday, June 26, 2018

ILD and Connective Tissue Diseases

We have a date to visit my niece and to meet baby Hailey. Mom and I are leaving at dawn on Sunday for the long drive from the Bay Area to the Sacramento area. We will take the road right past my dad so, we are going to stop for a visit with him, too. Mom wants to change his flowers and talk with him. It is very sweet watching her clean his area. Shelley lives only another 30-minutes north of his crypt.

The present we have prepared for her will be in the back of the car. It is three-feet long and rather heavy. We must remember to include the note I wrote to explain it all. I will post a photo of it and what was written on the card on Friday.

It was doctor day yesterday. I made the appointments for the sonogram of my belly for the liver doctor, a colonoscopy and today, I will make a mammogram appointment. The next time I am on the major campus of my university campus, I have decided to visit the rheumatology department to find out why I have not heard anything from them regarding my referral back in October 2017. The growth on my hand disappeared but was replaced by a hard knob right on the first knuckle. Clearly, I also have a connective tissue disease, Reynaud's. My poor toes turn a deep maroon, are icy cold and are beginning to become numb. Both of my parents had Reynaud's. I am learning that there is a huge connection of people with an ILD also developing a connective tissue disease and vice versa.

My eye seems somewhat better and I find it so odd that wearing contact lenses is a relief. I don't even notice it until I return to my glasses. To rehab class I go this morning, I will be returning the helpful samples of origami cranes to Sashi along with new paper as a thank you. I made 10 cranes to be on the table at the luncheon for mom's 90th birthday, 5 of them to be included on the boxes of Godiva chocolates with will also have a small photo of mom and dad in their youth on each box as party favors and 1 to be sent with the invitation to the luncheon to her girlfriend and her husband. The 10 on the luncheon table will be added to mom's beautiful vase of the 80 cranes I made for her 80th birthday. The total: 90 cranes for her 90th birthday.

No comments: