Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Cranes

After the downside of yesterday's blog, the good news is that the device - aerobika - is working really well. I realized it Monday when I was able to climb the stairs to mom's apartment rather quickly with not even a hint of a cough. It is lovely to not cough throughout the entire day, never having to apologize to people who look at me wondering if I am contagious.

Also, my eye is better but I still see the veins in the one eye whenever I blink. Left eye, nothing. Right eye, dark veins. I hope the eye drops will continue to bring down the pressure and these symptoms will be gone when I see the eye doctor in a couple of weeks.

Today, I am making my way to a shopping center I never go to near the city to buy origami paper for mom's birthday luncheon. At her 80th birthday, I had the table filled with 80 origami cranes, a symbol mom and dad loved. Each invitation included a crane and there was another crane on each plate. The cranes were to be reunited. For her 90th birthday luncheon, I want just 10 larger cranes on the table when she arrives and cranes on each plate. They can be added to the 80 that she has in a beautiful glass vase in her living room. There will also be small boxes of Godiva chocolates with mom and dad's photo slipped under the ribbon. So, this morning, I am going to buy the origami papers before food shopping. I also will swing by the restaurant to ask for a specific table - it is a very loud place - and book the reservation.

A busy day ahead, no Irish Fiddling rehearsal tonight as we are playing gigs both Thursday and Saturday. Long story. Another blog.

No comments: