Thursday, February 6, 2014

RAIN!

It rained all night and it was a sound that we had not heard much since the fall. We got a half inch of the goodness and expect so much more today and this weekend. Our area brings our water down from the mountains through the hetch hetchy system, so we are thrilled that it is going to drop a lot of snow there this weekend.

There was a substitute teacher at yoga yesterday. I know most people will not take the class without the teacher, but I feel I can learn something from every teacher. She was so nervous and wanted to get everything in so it moved along at a quick pace. She actually ended the class a bit early. It was not the major sweat fest that Courtney always takes us through but I swear I got some really good, deep stretches and extra deep breathing. The sub will be with us for seven weeks.

Following the class, I drove minutes away to have my hair cut and colored, called William after I got home, answered emails, had a computer issue so had a chat with the Apple people, did a bunch of stuff and the day just flew by. Michael came home early, ate dinner and we drove back to the hair salon for his hair cut.

I cancelled my orchestra rehearsal. We are planning a cross country trip in early May, the next concert is a week later so I am going to miss it. I promised Gerry, the other bass player, that I would attend all rehearsal with her. I want to give her as much support before I take off. She emailed yesterday that she was ill and would not be at the rehearsal so I was snoring in bed by 8:00!

After messaging Michael's sister Anna, she reported that she was actually feeling worse. Now I am truly alarmed. I encouraged her to return to the doctor but she wanted to wait a few more days for the antibiotics and prednisone to kick in. She had seen the doctor on Monday. She is still coughing all night and not sleeping.

William was home from a brutal three week tour through the south then into the northeast just in time for the massive snow storms. He reported that is was a dry, beautiful day in Seattle for the parade to honor the Seahawks. I read later that over 700,000 people stood along the parade route in 28 degree temperatures. He is home for two weeks before leaving for Australia for a series of concerts. On their way home, they are swinging by Hawaii for a concert. Tough life!

No comments: