Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Collecting Data

What a weekend! British Don arrived in the afternoon, we chatted, I made a quick delicious dinner and he left in his pretty car at 7PM. We were able to catch the final seconds of the Warriors win and watched the interviews afterward.

I worked on the project for the lawyer all weekend and still not close to being finished. It is rather interesting. I am gathering information regarding our expenses, income and the damage my illness has caused to our retirement (less Social Security, less earned income during peak years). In 2003, we no longer were paying for our son's college and were making a lot of money between us. We traveled. We ate out a lot. We shopped. It was lovely. Compare that lifestyle to 2006 when we paid huge COBRA costs for my medical insurance, I collected the final State Disability payments and began to lose income. The medical costs soared. Both of those years will then be compared to 2015. We are now retired and living on a very fixed income. Few restaurants. Few trips to family's homes. We are very careful with our money. After the rehab class today, I will keep plodding along and will try to get this all into a database to send off to the lawyer.

For a break from the numbers, there is a rehearsal of the Irish fiddling group at 5:30 this evening.

Ah, rehab class today. As planned, I am a going to pull way back from the caveman and it will be interesting to see if he gets the hint and backs away or if he becomes aggressive. I will change my routine to make sure I am never working out next to him. Will report back tomorrow.

No comments: