Monday, May 23, 2016

Dark and Stormy - HA!

It was cloudy and dark, looked like a storm was going to blow through then...nothing. No rain. We were on the other side of the pass buying groceries and as we looked to the west towards home, I was sure we would be dodging rain drops but it was sunny on the coast! Because of the clouds and appearance of rain, there were no tourists! It was sunny, it was warm and NO TOURISTS! What a treat!

British Don drove down to exchange cars with Michael. His car was bumped so Michael is hiring one of those mobile dent guys to fix it today and he wants to clean it up for Don. We all went to lunch at the harbor, a rare treat since it is usually packed with tourists. A table was available! No problem! Afterward, the three of us sat out on our side yard and chatted. Relaxing day.

I do have to confess that I was in bed by 7PM and slept through the night. I feel so much better this morning.

Mom and I have a full day ahead of us. I have a list. Betty's birthday is this week so I need to get a gift in the mail for her. The wonderful neighbors in the corner just had their second daughter last week so we will swing by Nordstrom for a little something for the baby. Then, my printer needs ink. And that's just my list. We'll see what mom needs to do today.

I noticed I am coughing a bit. The worry is that my life has been so busy that I am getting sick. A cold. Or something. My focus for the week is to exercise everyday. It is amazing how my body responds to exercise. I breathe so much better, I don't need as much supplemental oxygen, I sleep like a baby and I feel fit. Simple. Break a sweat. Just an hour a day and it has such a positive result.

No comments: