Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Just a Pound or Two

Since I missed pulmonary rehab last week, I have had no pain in my legs or hips. We will see if I can say the same thing tomorrow morning after today's class.

I also was a bit nervous about all of our meals out in resturants and the dinner party last week. Something the nutritionist told me long ago has stayed with me: thin people don't know what they weigh but they notice when their clothing is a bit tighter so they watch their diet for a couple of days. I have no idea what I weigh because I would become obsessive about it by weighing myself countless times a day. The nutritionist has banned scales from my house. He recommended that I could weigh myself at rehab, if I wanted to check my weight. Which I don't.

But, I was feeling that I had gained a pound or two or maybe just water weight. It wasn't good. I have three spots I tend to check - my rings, my watch, my smallest pants. If all those are tighter then NASA, we have a problem. Even though I was watching all my food intake during the days I knew we would be eating out and I was careful about ordering, I still felt it was more food than I would usually eat.

My fingers were thicker, my watch would not travel up my arm and my blacks cords felt a bit tight. Time to really watch it.

So, Sunday and Monday I really watched every bite and ate under my normal calories. A very light fish dinner helped. This morning, my fingers are back to normal, my wrists appear much smaller and I plan to wear yoga pants to rehab. It's amazing that it really takes just a couple of days to get that little extra weight off. In the old days, I would not have even notice a pound or two at most and slowly all the pounds I had lost would have returned. Now, I am uncomfortable with just a small weight gain. I can feel it. I don't like it. I guess that is the difference in my maintenance of the massive weight loss for over five years. I am here to tell you that it is never going to come back.

No comments: