Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cold #1 of the Season

Congratulations to my old hometown Chicago Cubs. Finally! I'll be cheering for them in the World Series.

We fought nasty traffic to and from the children's birthday party in the city but it was worth it. The mom does everything so beautifully and no child enjoyed the sweet clown more than Michael. He was enthralled and laughed the entire time. Did I mention that they had a gourmet all-you-can-eat ice cream cart? He was one happy boy!

On the way home, we stopped by Jim's and chatted a bit before picking up some dinner to eat at home. But, the bad news is that I have a cold. It was not too bad yesterday after a night of Aprodine. It seemed to really knock it down. We stopped to buy some Coldcalm on our way home, which always seems to help lessen the degree of the cold. We are calling British Don "Typhoid Mary" after he gave Michael his cold, then he shared his with me and we discovered yesterday that Michael also shared it with his brother. I am sure the list of the infected will continue. I need to get better so I can get my flu shot!

This morning, I can feel it but I don't feel horrible. My plan is to water some plants in the yard, but nothing else. With rehearsals and another gig on Friday night, I need to get better!

No comments: