Sunday, October 2, 2011

Teenager in the House

Another night under the stars. Melanie joined us in the afternoon then after dinner, we all sat in the back yard, with the fountain trickling music of dancing water and surrounding a pot of fire crackling and offering a bit of heat. It was really nice.

It's been a long time since I spoke at length with a teenager. She is one smart cookie, a lot smarter than I was at that age. I think the difference is that in my generation, we had a lot more freedom. So many children now are never left alone to explore and to feel totally independent. We are all afraid. We almost have them wrapped in bubble wrap. Melanie is strong enough to push for independence whenever possible. Love my fellow Scorpio!

I fell into bed at 8:45 and slept through the night until 7 this morning. I was a bit exhausted.

Today, we plan to go to lunch in town and a visit to the newest yogurt shop for dessert.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: