Friday, October 14, 2011

Third Annual ILD Luncheon

View from the ILD Luncheon 
We had a lovely time. On Thursday, the ILD Support Group was invited to the annual ILD Luncheon with all the research doctors, the clinic doctors and staff from the transplant clinic, chest clinic and all the pulmonologist. World-famous doctors were introduced. The co-heads of the ILD Clinic spoke from the podium.

One reviewed the year and the current research studies and thanked all of us for participating.  There were six people present who have had lung transplants and one lovely man who was one-year post-op from a heart/lung transplant.

I was so impressed by last year’s luncheon; I wanted Michael to meet all these doctors. So many have become my friends. He took the day off of work to join me. We sat with Susan and her husband Mark.

When I went to the very first ILD support group, I met Marty. He was the first person I ever met with my disease and I globed onto him to learn from his experiences. Through the years, we still connect with each other and both of us are doing just fine, thank you. I wanted Michael to meet him. He helped me so much during the early years of my disease. It was great to hear that he is flying to Hawaii next month. Wonderful.

It was a marvelous few hours. Interesting conversations, kind people and so many smart doctors all in one room!

No comments: