Monday, July 23, 2012

Walking Along the Ocean

Sunday morning, I was in my pajamas until 11AM. Michael was gone, I washed and iron our sheets, picked up the house, worked on the computer and just relaxed. The party the evening before had taken its toll. After a very light lunch, I drove a bit north, parked and hit the ped walk along the ocean. It was overcast with a cool breeze as the fog was still hanging around but broke up as I was ending the walk. Good walking weather. I hustled all the way to the harbor. Round trip? Just over 90 minutes. It was a good walk.

Along the way, there were lots of tourists, I watched the surfers and families playing at the beach, people eating at the pier, a farmer's market, pelicans diving for fish in the harbor, kayakers watching the pelicans, walked faster than the traffic at one spot all while using my supplemental oxygen. One area was crowded with huge RVs filled with families staying by the cool ocean instead of their homes in the hot Central Valley. While walking, I passed groups of generations of families. I heard at least four different languages as I walked passed them all. It was a nice reminder that we live in a destination city and that people from all over the world who drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles on Highway 1 pass through our little town.

Afterwards, I was dead. I fought to stay awake for Breaking Bad and was asleep within minutes of its ending. There is a full day ahead.

No comments: