Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Busy Days

The ILD Support Group meeting is today. I don't think I am going to attend. There will be no speaker but instead, a "check-in" with members of the group. Interesting but just not worth missing my rehab class since I have missed so many because of mom's doctors appointments.

But, if Susan from the ILD Group phones this morning and decides to attend, I will drop all plans to meet her for lunch and the meeting. She is my priority today.

The 1966 Mustang convertible that Michael and William have been building together from the frame up these past four years, is leaving our garage today. Everything is finished except brakes and the paint job. It is being towed for a final engine check-up and new brakes. Later this year when William has a couple of weeks, Michael wants him to actually put the paint on the car with him. The upside? My car has the garage for a few weeks!

Later today, I am going to make some baklava for the Jim's sons who were watching when Michael took a big bit of some at Nick's restaurant's 85th anniversary party and announced that mine was better. That intrigued them. We also saw them at the wedding on Saturday and they reminded me that I promised to make them a batch. Michael will deliver it to them tomorrow morning.

Also tomorrow morning, my favorite children are coming for a visit for a few hours. Winnie and Oliver are bringing mom Natalie with them for some cookie making and lunch and maybe a walk. We haven't seen each other for almost two weeks so this will be a fun visit.

I think I am struggling at the edges of my stamina -  pushing myself vs overdoing it. The past few days have been a challenge and I don't feel that I am getting enough sleep or even down time. Later this week, things should slow down and we have no plans, other than the yards, on the weekend. The garden is growing so rapidly that my fingers are itching to get out and trim it all back!

No comments: