Monday, July 30, 2012

Wells Fargo Saga Continues

The Wells Fargo saga continues. There was a letter from them in Friday's mail saying that they have left two messages on my answering machine and that I have not returned their phone calls. Funny, the messages were to let me know who was handling my case and "if I have any questions, please call her at this number."

No where was there any indication that I was to contact them. I have no questions. I have demands that were made in the letter. 

So, after a cup of coffee, I phoned this morning.

Her comment, "Ah, the escrow account. Our systems show that two letters have been sent out. I have to request copies."

Duh, have you read my letter? Copies of both letters were included. One letter was sent back in February and other just last week. My response included, "The last letter is what drove me off a cliff. There was no mention that this whole debacle was not in anyway our fault. I want a letter stating that for our records for possible future problems. I also want to know why someone on June 18 decided to start an escrow account. There should be a system in place to either check online county tax status and a system to notify the consumer before the account is opened. I would have had a past due on my mortgage if I had not walked the payment into the bank. Surely, I am not the only person this has happened to. I want to be insured that there is now a system in place so this will never happen again."

Her response, "I'll look into it."

If they had just written that they were oh so sorry and promised never to do it again, the saga would have ended. As of this phone call, I see no end in sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nothing new with Wells Fargo. Bunch of red tape. I got caught in their tape when my house was now deemed in a flood zone. I objected and went through FEMA to undesignate it because it was above the flood zone. Still Wells Fargo put flood insurance on my house for 10x what my agent offered. It took 9 months to resolve because Wells Fargo's right hand does not know what its left hand is doing. Just keep throwing it back at them and at some point Wells Fargo will wake up.

Anonymous said...

They don't know that I filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve who sent it along to the Consumer Protection Agency. I HATE Wells Fargo. We are going to re-finance our loan to get away from them. Everyone I tell this story to have an equally awful story. They are just horrible.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.