Saturday, February 26, 2011

Treadmill Books

Someone asked me what books I have read on the Treadmill. So here is the most recent list, some great and some not so great!

I Still Dream of You by Fanny Flagg – excellent
Forever Young – Authorized biography of Loretta Young – simply awful
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – depressing
Up Island by Anne Rivers Siddons – okay
This Time Together by Carol Burnette – excellent
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks – so Nicholas Sparks
T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton – excellent
A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber – excellent
Run by Ann Patchett – great
Look Again by Lisa Scottoline – gives stay home mothers a bad name. Awful.
Tribute by Nora Roberts – good
The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan - excellent
And several written by Brad Thor


As you can see, dear reader, I get through a lot of books. In the current queue is another Brad Thor book, Sue Grafton’s U is for Undertow and a Lee Child’s book.

Reading an exciting or well-written book makes the time working out on the gym equipment go by so much quicker. I usually leave my current book in the car so I don’t cheat and read a bit in the house.

No comments: