Friday, April 29, 2011

Portable Oxygen System (POS)


I loved the portable oxygen system we used this trip. It was the Eclipse on it’s own rolling case. It was continues flow, which is what I must have for my disease. I needed it only at night but really should have used it walking in high altitude. A big lesson learned.

The last trip we took, the POS stopped working about half way through our trip. I had not been told that these are very sensitive machines, which must been protected from the sun and heat in the car. This trip, we kept a constant cover on it in the back seat to keep it out of direct sunlight and we also made sure we kept it cool. We had no problems this trip.

Every stop, we rolled it into the hotel room and placed it beside the bed. At night, I turned it on, it would get warmed up then begin to produce 2.5 liters of oxygen. It also was not so loud as to disturb our sleep.

I will returned it to the oxygen people this week along with a bottle of good bourbon from the Jim Beam Distillery in Kentucky as a thank you.  

No comments: