Sunday, February 19, 2012

Better and Looking Forward

I'm feeling better. Even thinking about cutting the grass today. Michael, on the other hand, is still feeling awful and looking very comfortable next to me on the couch! My mom now has my cold as I must have shared it with her while we were in the car in search of her new independent living facility. What a trooper! She has continued to go forward towards the March 1st move feeling miserable. What strength!

Betty and Chip are due on Saturday and will be with her through the move. They are even going to drive her to visit our dad at the cemetery as she feels she is leaving him behind. I have vowed to her that we will visit him a couple of times a year.

I hope to finish the front bathroom today and will post the "after" photos soon.

There is a busy week ahead. Tomorrow, I am going to visit my friend Cynthia for tea in the morning and will gossip about the school where I got sick. She is still there and they are now planning to add to the Pre-K to 8th grade school with a high school in 2013. So much to talk about. I love her two boys and can't wait to hear what they are up to. One is HUGE at Apple and works at the Mothership. The other has his PhD from Cornell and, I believe, is back teaching at his alma mater, MIT. Cynthia's husband is a rocket scientist. Really. That's what it says on his business cards! He and Michael really like each other as Michael always makes him laugh a lot. Great guy.

Later in the week, my gray roots will magically disappear, my glaucoma will be checked and my final Hepatitis shot will happen. Just another week in paradise.

No comments: