Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Own F1

Formula 1 season began in Australia, we DVRed it last night and are watching it right now at 6:30AM. As I type this, I don't know who the winner is yet but am pulling for a new kid, Romain Grosjean. Okay, he just landed in the gravel and damaged the car....gone for the race. Another race next week. Keep your eye on that kid this season.

I am going to run my own little F1 race today. In the rain! Mine is 100 miles over two bridges and nasty freeways and traffic to my sister's house where we will drive yet another hour together to my niece's second bridal shower. For this one, I am giving her a gift certificate to Macy's, two small votive candle-sized glasses also made of vintage ruby glass that match the champagne glasses I gave her the last shower and an absolutely gorgeous fine cut crystal red vase. I hope she falls in love with them both.

It is going to be a long drive home as all the skiers will be coming home from the first weekend of good snow up in Tahoe. The bridges will be backed up just about the time I will be driving through this evening. It is going to be a long day but I am feeling a bit better and did nothing yesterday to gather my strength for today.

Turn up the volume! Here I go!

No comments: