Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life Markers

Mom's new home. Not too bad!!!
Anniversaries, birthdays, birth of a child, buying a house, starting a job. All personal life markers. Every other event somehow relates to those dates and numbers.

Today is another personal life marker in our family. It is the day my mom moves into an independent living facility and it is going to be one long day. The house is packed up and the movers will arrive early this morning along with Chip and Betty. Michael and I are meeting them all at the new place just over the pass from us. Betty and I have committed to getting mom's bedroom set up, her bed made, the basics unpacked and in place in the kitchen, her medications sorted and food in the refrigerator. They head back to New Mexico tomorrow so I will help mom get the final boxes unpacked and everything in place after driving to the city for a fasting blood test.

After an exhausting two days, we will drive the 100 miles on Saturday to be with my niece for her wedding shower, an events we would not miss for anything. I hope to not get sick from it all. The past several days, I have been really careful to exercise, eat well and trying not to do too much.

Here we go. It is lightly raining but we hope it stops when the actual move happens.

A remarkable day. A personal marker.

No comments: