Wednesday, April 14, 2010

David Update


























Photo of the concert hall at the New England Conservatory of Music, Boston.


I just received an e-mail from the parents of the pianist who was ranked number two in the world when I left the school.

When he decided to leave the United States and study piano privately with a teacher in Austria, David took his GED exams during his second month of high school, passed and took off. He has continued to study piano with this same teacher now at his studio in Germany.

His parents just shared with me that he has been accepted to Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Juilliard, and the New England Conservatory. Did I mention that he is a brilliant mathematician as well as a brilliant musician? He was struggling with having to choose between the two majors the last time we spoke.

Knowing him and knowing each of these programs, I have a clear favorite. For him, the New England Conservatory would be my first choice with its joint program with Harvard. It would give him an extremely fine music education plus an outstanding math education.

We will see which one he chooses.

No comments: