Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perfect Day


















A Perfect Day happened. It began with the most beautiful sunrise, a light breeze off the coast and the smell of spring in the air.

I had a luncheon date with a former student who is now in college and his wonderful mother. I was so looking forward to spending time with them.

I hope there are people like these in your life. After spending time with them, I feel aglow. They are just lovely, smart, active, thoughtful, and sweet people.

We went to the city for tea. Formal tea. It was so delicious and we were treated like royalty: little tea sandwiches, fresh fruit, scones, clotted cream, shortbread and - a moment of silence, please – LEMON CURD. Is there anything better in life?

It all ended too soon and I just could not let this perfect day end so I treated myself to a pedicure! My toe nails are now a shocking pink! Spring! I also have perfect eyebrows. Ouch! But, they are now perfect.

Michael is due home within minutes and I think we will probably sit out on the back swing and look at my Spring pink toes and my perfect eyebrows and talk about my perfect day!

Perfect!

No comments: