Monday, May 3, 2010

It May Just Kill Me


















My calendar. It has gotten crazy. There are busy times ahead and it may just kill me. “What did she finally die of?” they will ask. “Her calendar done her in,” will be the reply.

It will be a long day tomorrow with my mom having same day surgery including a total of four hours of travel time. I really want to be with her.

Wednesday night is the final rehearsal for the orchestra concert on the 8th. It is a must. They hired another bass player to play with me so I have to go over all the music and stress the dynamics. I have played with him before and he doesn’t pay attention to dynamics. It is going to be more stressful than if I just played alone but they had a two concert contract with him before I arrived on the scene.

Thursday, Mary will fly in for her five-day visit primarily to see the concert on Saturday night. The housekeepers have the week off so somehow I have to dust and vacuum the house. She stays until Monday.

My much-anticipated appointment with Dr. K is on Tuesday the 11th. I have been pushing it so much lately that I am coughing. Not a good sign. I hope I feel back to normal before my appointment.

On the 13th I have tickets to see the play “In the Heights” with my friend Christein, which always includes dinner somewhere. We never get home before midnight.

We have missed both birthdays of our dear friends so we are taking them out to dinner on Friday the 14th. Their calendar is even crazier than ours and this was the only date they had free until mid-June. So looking forward to getting caught up on what is going on in their lives.

The following week, we are sneaking off to LA for a few days. I think I will be in a catatonic state.

After all of the above, my calendar is empty.

Blank.

Nothing but glorious nothingness.

HALLELUJAH!!

No comments: