Thursday, May 27, 2010

Continue Dreaming

I was listening to one of the morning show while getting ready for rehab when the subject of living your dreams came up. The context was a father who discovered that he had cancer and elicited his male friends to help raise his children after he died.

He is currently cancer free but I found one part of the interview interesting. One of the men said that his job was to work with the children to encourage them to follow their dreams in a very organic manner.

Follow your dreams. Hmmmm.

I thought about that all the way to rehab. Since I have a limited future, I think I may have forgotten to dream. There was no future to dream about.

I have decided to dream again. I have decided to make it a point to dream.

  • I dream of running. Do you remember how it feels to run, to hit your stride and you feel like you could run forever? I crave that.

Okay, it’s a beginning. It is the one I think about more often these days. I know that if I keep working out in rehab, I will be able to run again.

No comments: