Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Come Buy with Me!















My friend Christien is still friends with her former neighbors. On Saturday, one neighbor was throwing a “Tupperware-type” party for a group of ladies. Her friend was demonstrating and selling products made by the company who makes Silpats. Great product. I bought one for William for Christmas last year.

So I left the beautiful 75-degree coastside to go inland into the heat. It was really hot! Summer has arrived!

The ladies were so nice and no one knew that I am sick! I was able to feel normal! They cooked and served lunch from the bakeware: crustless quiche, roasted vegetables, small appetizers, tiny desserts. Delicious. I bought a few things then we headed back to Christien’s.

Before driving back to the coast around 5:00, I thanked her for making me do something out of my Saturday routine of working in the yards. She paused, and then thanked me for going with her. She also got out of her routine!

I spoke with her last night and she mentioned that when we walked up a flight of stairs at the party, it was frightening for her to hear me so out of breath. Actually, I don't think I was even below 89% saturation at the time and it was not a big deal. It really scared her.

Through this process, she has always believed that I was well enough to do more that I am doing. She even thought that I could work. She never really saw me exerting myself. She also doesn't see me the day after our evenings watching a play or a day shopping together. She never saw the needed recovery period.

I think she now understands a lot more.

No comments: