Tuesday, September 9, 2014

COLD!

I felt a sinus thing coming on. We went into war-on-cold mode. It began with Aprodine. Somehow, it is the only thing that I have found that stops a cold in its tracks, if taken at the first signs. It can be bought or ordered through the pharmacy but it is an over the counter drug.

Vick's Vapor Rub on the bottom of my feet at night. Second weapon of attack. It is also helpful to wear socks so it doesn't get all over the sheets!

With these two plans in place, I slept really well last night and feel better this morning. The same routine will happen tonight.

It felt great to workout at the other rehab yesterday. It had been so long since I had been there, I was greeted as a long-lost friend. It was so nice to see everyone and get caught up. My former high school teacher had been missing since March, I asked about him but the HIPAA rules doesn't allow any medical information to be shared. I did find out that he would be returning to the other rehab so I knew he hadn't passed away. Yesterday, we saw each other for the first time. He ended up having a surprise triple bi-pass in April yet he had no symptoms. He looked thinner but great. I was so happy and relieved to see him.

Mom and I ran our legs off looking for the sheets, sheet blanket and throw for William's bed. Seven stores. We found the sheets and the sheet blanket but I couldn't find the "pop" of color for the throw at the end of the bed and a decorative pillow. Nothing. Anywhere. Finally, we were walking through Nordstom when my eye caught color! It was in a new little area of home goods. THERE THEY WERE! Leave it to Nordstom! I will be ironing the new sheets and setting up the bed today.

The painters are due this morning. The furniture is moved away from the two area of the two bedrooms where the molding needs to be painted. The outside areas are ready, as well. Exciting to get all of this done.

No comments: