Friday, October 27, 2017

New Baby Smell

I didn't hear from anyone yesterday. Okay, I bet that the medical procedure to take a look at the Nissan fundoplication surgery site and the hernia I got during that surgery causing acid reflux, is off. Remembering that they were going to try to arrange it before the surgeon went on vacation, I doubt there will be time to get it done before he takes off.

There was worry about having to cancel mom's appointment today with the investment company, No problem now.

Years ago, when I was having to take a lot of tests and my future looked very bleak, I would have the night terrors worrying about all the things that could happen. After driving myself nuts, I made a vow to not worry about something until I had proof that I had to worry! Waiting for this medical test and the probably future surgery, is difficult. All the "could happens" float to my brain, especially at night. I need to renew my vow to let it go and not worry about it until the tests are completed and the surgeon gives us his opinion of our options. If there is something to worry about, that will be the time to worry. Not now.

We had a fantastic night with dear friends, Dave and Lori with their son Joel, his wife Mindy and the new baby Evie. I got to hold a baby!! There is nothing like that new baby smell and she was one cutie! We had planned to stay for just a couple of hours of appetizers and conversation but after the new little family left, we continued to visit. We finally got home about six hours later! It was so very fun.

No comments: