Friday, October 20, 2017

New Traditions Begin this Weekend

Fridays. My favorite day of the week. Traffic lite. A day with mom. We have nothing we have to do today so no stress at all. No hurry. When I am driving home after the day together, I can feel the weekend coming on. I relax. I think about a quiet evening.

This Sunday begins the new family holiday tradition of having a luncheon before the holidays, take the time to chat with each other in person and look forward to spending the holidays in a new way. Lots to share. We hope to see photos of Shelley and Russ' new home and we will share all the latest about our son. He currently is in Mexico for a series of concerts through the weekend, working on new projects and has a lot on his plate.

At rehab yesterday, my car pool buddy Jeannie was having a very difficult breathing day. I was concerned. She spoke with the RNs, they worked with her and she looked better by the end of class. She is seeing her pulmonologist this afternoon. I have been watching her deplete these past few months, she does not have the support or living environment to qualify for lung transplants and the doctor told her at the last appointment that she was approaching the point of no return. Was she sure she couldn't arrange for relatives to help her through the process? No. She has made the decision not to consider transplants.

I was rolling onto my side in bed a few nights ago and realized the sound of my cracking spine did not happen. Prolia. I really do feel a difference already. Janet, in the rehab class, has been taking the injections for quite a while and says that she can feel when she is scheduled for the next injection. I didn't understand that but now I do. Since my mom also takes Prolia, I asked her if she feels anything before or after the injections and she said that she feels nothing. Interesting.

The bone issue is due to constant prednisone since 2005. I have all the side effects but the best one is that I am still alive. I'll put up with the rest.

We had rain last night! It knocked down many of the fires and the air is so clean and crispy. A good breathing day.

No comments: