Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Still Waiting

I have full empathy for people living in warmer climates. Yesterday, it was 94 degrees when we returned to the coast from rehab class and it stayed hot most of the night. Remember, no one here has any air conditioning and it was difficult to function inside the hot house later in the evening.

Brilliant Michael cracked open our bedroom door, put a fan in front of it and pulled the cooler outside air into the room all night. It made sleeping possible. The good news? The expected high today is 76 degrees. Still warm for we tender coastsiders but so much more livable. I can breathe again!

Endoscopy update: The surgeon's assistant phoned yesterday afternoon to give me an update. The test also needed to have a gastroenterologist present and they had not been able to nail down his schedule. He is expected in clinic today and she will nail him down. She told me she will phone me with the time and date of the endoscopy today or tomorrow. The expected date was Friday. If that is still on, I need to cancel an appointment for mom with her investment company. If it is Monday, we are in deep trouble. Cancelling that appointment will be impossible so we will have to figure something out.

To prepare for the procedure, I am driving to my university hospital this morning for a chest X-ray and a blood test. My endocrinologist also wants some blood to look at my calcium levels since having the Prolia shot three weeks ago. Killing two birds...

No comments: