Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Rehab Class

Jeannie phoned to ask if I could drive her to the rehab class today. She convinced the hospice nurse that she would feel so much better getting out into the world and moving her body. The nurse finally gave her approval to try it one day this week. I was thrilled that Jeannie had so much determination and guts. My kind of girl!

About an hour after we spoke, the phone rang again. It was her sister sounding very concerned. She wanted to give me her contact information but I could hear a nervousness in her voice about Jeannie returning to rehab. I told her that the exercise physiologist and the RN will be watching her closely to insure she did not push herself too hard on her first day back in a couple of weeks. That seemed to help.

My cough is better and I am feeling better, in general. The endoscopy is schedule for a week from today. I received a secured email from the surgeon's office, which included all the information I will need, for example, medications, food, vitamins, what to wear, what not to wear, etc. The only problem was that I could not open it. So, later this morning, I will be phoning their help line for help! Frustrating.

No comments: