Thursday, November 2, 2017

Frantic Moments

It was a fantastic day of getting caught up on emails and paperwork and even a nap. Lovely. We decided to drive up to the harbor around 3:00 to see if a restaurant was taking reservations for Thanksgiving yet. They were closed between lunch and dinner service. Back in the car, Jim phoned and we met him at his business south of town.

He and Kathy raised two sons, now both working in the business, and are very successful. They were local kids and now in their mid-60s. We sat in the kitchen and had a great chat and lots of laughs. I kept glancing at my watch. I had an Irish Fiddling rehearsal at 6:15 and we had planned to grab dinner out some place.

Time ticked away.

We were now at the opposite end of town and facing rush hour traffic on the little coastal road. No dinner and running late. Finally home, I threw together a good dinner while the messages were flowing about the rehearsal. They were now planning for all of us to meet at 6:30, hop in a car and drive to the other side of our neighborhood to deliver dinner and a song to our violin player who was recently home from cancer surgery.

I made it on time!

She looked tired but relieved. The doctor had just phoned before our arrival with the good news that all the pathology was cancer free. It had not spread anywhere. Her sister was staying with her and we all enjoyed seeing each other.

By the time we got back to Leslie's house, it wasn't worth unpacking my bass and hauling it over for about 20-minutes of playing. So, I am going into Friday's gig at the organic market without having played for a few weeks. No problem.

Today, I am not driving Jeannie to the rehab class. She needs to rest and recover. So, I am meeting mom and driving her around as her car is still in the shop. After I leave her to have lunch with her friend, I will head to the rehab class.

Another busy day.

No comments: