Sunday, March 21, 2010

Taxes















Yes, we are turning in our tax information to the accountant on Tuesday. It is always interesting to look back on the year to assess our medical expenses.

In 2009:

  • I drove almost 6,000 miles to rehab and doctor appointments.

  • Since I had the surgery and was not able to attend rehab for awhile afterwards plus we took four weeks off during our trip in May, the rehab costs this year were less then usual - $841.00. Worth every dollar.

  • I spent $1,352.13 out of pocket for prescription drugs. Thank you Medicare!

  • Besides paying for Medicare, I added supplemental insurance through AARP for $3,997.00. Michael has Kaiser and his premiums were $4,713. There were other minor medical expenses for eye care and lab results.

Not bad. It was the least expensive year I have had since becoming ill.

No comments: