Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday in the Garden

What a beautiful day yesterday. It was in the mid-60's in our garden, which is where I spent most of the day. I cut and watered but it needs more attention: hand weeding, dirt turning and hand trimming. I was able to cut the grass and do a bit of trimming but I am making plans to work a bit everyday this week to get it under control.

Michael came home early to watch the final hour of the 50th Anniversary of the 24 hours of Daytona with special interest since his friend Ricky was there this year. During commercials, he would dump my clipping in the recycle bin or just watch me work and chat. After the race and when I was finished, we sat out in the garden for over an hour, enjoying the sunshine together. It was so relaxing.

Then the fun began. We put the top down on the convertible, drove north along the ocean then headed over the hill to the Avenue where we enjoyed an early dinner at his newest most favorite place: 5 Guys and Fries. Ugh! It was not my favorite place at all and I never wanted to eat there again! Turns out I had a previous bad experience pre-diet with a very greasy hamburger and awful mushy fries. Not this time. He had the huge double bacon cheeseburger with fries while I enjoyed the small hamburger without a bun, which was really delicious.

We walked the Avenue afterwards, went by the dutch bakery for decaf coffee and Michael bought a huge cinnamon roll, which he ate the moment we got home. Guess which one of us is naturally skinny? Him! Life is not fair!

Today's plan? The other rehab this morning followed by a butcher/Trader Joe's run. Then, into the side garden where the weeds are calling to me.

No comments: