Thursday, January 9, 2020

Step 1: Gathering the Data

My transplant coordinator phoned this afternoon. After a lovely chat, we got down to business. The most interesting question she asked was, "Do you feel like you are sick enough to be listed?" It may sound strange but I did feel awful with the wheezing, which put me in the hospital but now recovered, I don't feel too badly. I am functioning. I am clearly slower and can't do all I wish to do but this is not awful.

She offered a plan: I am having pulmonary function tests on Monday to determine any changes with my lungs. On Thursday, I will be meeting with a doctor from the transplant team to review my CT Scan when I was in the hospital before Christmas and to determine if I am sick enough to begin the listing process.

So, we will gather all the data, stir in the doctor's experience to determined my next steps.

No comments: