Friday, February 7, 2020

FINALLY!

My transplant coordinator phoned yesterday afternoon to tell me I was back on the list. She had placed me on a "pause" due to the WC Medicare Set-Aside money still available. A lot of money. The financial head of the transplant clinic arranged with the hospital to accept a check for the full amount at the time of my admission for the transplants. Michael will then contact Medicare to let them know the account is closed. No more money. Yesterday, I moved all of the money from a money market account into the checking account so it is ready.

The list of things to do keeps growing: list of medications and dosages, front closing sports bras, reminder of all the things to throw into my luggage at the last minute like phone cords...you get the idea.

Yesterday's medical test was an echocardiogram and lots of fun with the new graduate student and the well-seasoned tech. All looked great. Next Tuesday, I am having blood tests to my immune system. Apparently, some post-transplant people have problems so they want to be proactive. What they didn't research in my files is that Dr. K. has already check this out for me. Of course. She is brilliant and always ahead of everyone. My immune system was amazingly healthy for being compromised since 2005 and didn't need any help.

I did need to remind Michael to not put his phone on mute or not answer a phone call or leave his phone in his car or...though we really don't expect it to happen so quickly but one never knows.

1 comment:

Kathi L said...

This is great news! I'm so glad you are in such good hands! I wish I had a doctor with knowledge of my disease and could feel as confident! I'm very happy for you!! Hope to hear more soon! ~ Kathi