Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Number Two

Okay, I am now into book number two in the series of three of the Stieg Larsson series. It is “The Girl Who Played with Fire.” I ended up loving and being unable to put the down the first of the series.

Yes, I am hooked. My new heroine is a 90-pound punk girl with eight tattoos, a photographic memory and issues. It is those issues that make her so interesting. Someone told me that these books are like the Harry Potter series but for adults. I can understand the correlation. Like all the kids in their Harry Potter costumes, I will need to dress as Lisbeth Salander for Halloween. Hmmmm. Maybe not. I don’t have the body or tattoos.

As it is a smash hit, I fear that there are going to be a lot of similar but second rate stories suddenly appearing in the book stores – sort of like the tons of new vampire stories after the Twilight series ran its course.

I have tried to slow down my reading. I don’t want to finish the books. But, just give me ten minutes and my nose is back in its pages.

Again, get through the first 100+ pages of the first book and join me in this divine addiction.

No comments: